The Employee Profile
The employee profile is how Tracker organizes its employee information for your company. Each of the data fields on this window are pretty self-explanatory, however, there are a few fields that are required and a few fields that we advise you to fill out.
The Employee Short Code, the Display Name, the First Name, the Last Name, and the Work/Cell Phone number. See the areas below in red.
Additional Fields if Adding a Driver (See Blue Sections Above)
The Mobile PW field, located in the emergency contact section, needs to have a short password in it. This will be the Driver's TrackerMobile password.
The Messaging Setup filled out. See Below.
The Messaging Setup
- Place the employee's short code in the first shorter field, then place their full name in the second field.
- Add the employee's phone number into the Phone field.
- Now, this is going to sound strange, but put your employee's mobile phone number, which they use to take calls, into the email address section. Then, follow this by their carrier gateway. (See item in red above).
- You can find a list of some common carrier gateways here, but googling the specific gateway usually yields results.
- All you have to do is find which carrier your driver has, and then place the appropriate gateway at the end of the number. So, for example, if your driver has Verizon, then you will put @vtext.com right at the end of the number.
- Place a minimum of 250 characters for the Max. Msg. Size or Maximum Message Size field. This determines how many characters can be on a message to a driver at a single time.
- Select the e-mail option for the Send To field. (See item in red above).
- Remember to click Save!
- Verify that your driver can receive calls and messages.